Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Toss out computer, not your info
Volunteer opportunities don't just drop out of the sky. Well after you start volunteering, it may seem that way. But where do you start? What group should you support with your time? And what kind of commitment does it involve?
The most flavorful night of the year
Foodies will unite at the Radisson on Wednesday, April 16, when nearly 60 restaurateurs from across the state share samples of their work for the annual Taste of the Nation.
Entertainment will be provided by the Lakes Region Big Band and, if you still think it's a good idea to get your picture taken after all that eating and drinking, SweetShot Photography will provide a photo booth.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Finally, books from the library you don't have to return. The Manchester City Library is holding its $10 A Bag Book Sale Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Firewood scarcity driven by demand throughout NH - 2
- Hopkinton wood program is neighbor to neighbor - 0
- Fire marshal OKs Groton Wind operations after deeming facility safe - 0
- Northeast natural gas at decade high on winter supply concern - 1
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 3
- Hanover project seeks to increase solar installations - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 15
- Developer says Alexandria wrong to deny tower - 0
- Unitil wants to charge NH customers higher rates - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
After riots, soul-searching begins
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy