Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Toss out computer, not your info
Volunteer opportunities don't just drop out of the sky. Well after you start volunteering, it may seem that way. But where do you start? What group should you support with your time? And what kind of commitment does it involve?
The most flavorful night of the year
Foodies will unite at the Radisson on Wednesday, April 16, when nearly 60 restaurateurs from across the state share samples of their work for the annual Taste of the Nation.
Entertainment will be provided by the Lakes Region Big Band and, if you still think it's a good idea to get your picture taken after all that eating and drinking, SweetShot Photography will provide a photo booth.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Finally, books from the library you don't have to return. The Manchester City Library is holding its $10 A Bag Book Sale Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 26
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 8
- What Bartlett left: A Founding Father mostly forgotten - 1
- Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President - 4
- Obama's priority: Raising money - 36
- Hey, bear: That ain't Fozzie - 0
- Obama's debt: His real legacy is coming - 15
- Paying for Medicaid: How will NH do it? - 42
- Into the woods: With knowledge and tools - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's