Manchester officer cleared in domestic assault is subject of probe
Attorney Eric Wilson, left, speaks with Manchester police officer William Soucy March 24 in Hooksett District Court. (Ryan O'Connor Photo)
Meanwhile, Officer William Soucy learned his certification to do police work had been suspended just days before he was found innocent. The suspension means that Soucy is on unpaid administrative leave from the police department, Assistant Police Chief Nick Willard said.
However, the lawyer who represents Soucy's former girlfriend, Jodi Nunn, claims Soucy had contacted a mutual acquaintance in the weeks leading up to his March 24 trial. Manchester lawyer Joe Kelly Levasseur said Manchester police have interviewed Nunn, the mutual acquaintance, and Nunn's roommate about Soucy's actions.
The New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council confirmed that the council suspended Soucy's certification to be a police officer. Council rules call for the temporary suspension of a police officer who has been charged with a crime.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate