Manchester officer cleared in domestic assault is subject of probe
Attorney Eric Wilson, left, speaks with Manchester police officer William Soucy March 24 in Hooksett District Court. (Ryan O'Connor Photo)
Meanwhile, Officer William Soucy learned his certification to do police work had been suspended just days before he was found innocent. The suspension means that Soucy is on unpaid administrative leave from the police department, Assistant Police Chief Nick Willard said.
However, the lawyer who represents Soucy's former girlfriend, Jodi Nunn, claims Soucy had contacted a mutual acquaintance in the weeks leading up to his March 24 trial. Manchester lawyer Joe Kelly Levasseur said Manchester police have interviewed Nunn, the mutual acquaintance, and Nunn's roommate about Soucy's actions.
The New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council confirmed that the council suspended Soucy's certification to be a police officer. Council rules call for the temporary suspension of a police officer who has been charged with a crime.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'