Derry teen to participate in Alzheimer’s forum
Samantha Meletis, 15, of Derry will be traveling to Washington ,D.C., for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Advocacy Forum to share her own personal story of how Alzheimer’s has affected a family member.
While there are more than 5 million Americans who have Alzheimer’s, national funding for research has lagged behind other major diseases, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. Recent studies have also shown that Alzheimer’s may be underreported as a cause of death, since death often occurs from complications of the disease.
The Alzheimer’s Association provides education and support for those dealing with Alzheimer’s and is the leading nonprofit when it comes to funding research into causes, cures and an eventual treatment for Alzheimer’s, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSU professor finds first mammoth tooth in NH - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 17
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride