Derry teen to participate in Alzheimer’s forum
Samantha Meletis, 15, of Derry will be traveling to Washington ,D.C., for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Advocacy Forum to share her own personal story of how Alzheimer’s has affected a family member.
While there are more than 5 million Americans who have Alzheimer’s, national funding for research has lagged behind other major diseases, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. Recent studies have also shown that Alzheimer’s may be underreported as a cause of death, since death often occurs from complications of the disease.
The Alzheimer’s Association provides education and support for those dealing with Alzheimer’s and is the leading nonprofit when it comes to funding research into causes, cures and an eventual treatment for Alzheimer’s, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'