Derry teen to participate in Alzheimer’s forum
Samantha Meletis, 15, of Derry will be traveling to Washington ,D.C., for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Advocacy Forum to share her own personal story of how Alzheimer’s has affected a family member.
While there are more than 5 million Americans who have Alzheimer’s, national funding for research has lagged behind other major diseases, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. Recent studies have also shown that Alzheimer’s may be underreported as a cause of death, since death often occurs from complications of the disease.
The Alzheimer’s Association provides education and support for those dealing with Alzheimer’s and is the leading nonprofit when it comes to funding research into causes, cures and an eventual treatment for Alzheimer’s, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll