Derry teen to participate in Alzheimer’s forum
Samantha Meletis, 15, of Derry will be traveling to Washington ,D.C., for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Advocacy Forum to share her own personal story of how Alzheimer’s has affected a family member.
While there are more than 5 million Americans who have Alzheimer’s, national funding for research has lagged behind other major diseases, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. Recent studies have also shown that Alzheimer’s may be underreported as a cause of death, since death often occurs from complications of the disease.
The Alzheimer’s Association provides education and support for those dealing with Alzheimer’s and is the leading nonprofit when it comes to funding research into causes, cures and an eventual treatment for Alzheimer’s, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?