Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project
Alpine Ridge Wind Farm, LLC, a Delaware limited-liability company headquartered in Boulder, Colo., filed documents last month titled “Termination of Lease and Easement Agreement for Wind Energy Project.”
Alpine Ridge and Auke-Jewell Hill officials have not returned numerous calls for comment.
Iberdrola Renewables of Spain built and operates Groton Wind, LLC which produces 48 megawatts of electricity from 24 turbines. Iberdrola officials are also proposing to build a wind farm in Alexandria and Danbury. Another wind farm, Spruce Ridge, is proposed for the towns of Groton, Alexandria, Hebron and Orange by Portuguese company EDP Renewables.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'