Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project
Alpine Ridge Wind Farm, LLC, a Delaware limited-liability company headquartered in Boulder, Colo., filed documents last month titled “Termination of Lease and Easement Agreement for Wind Energy Project.”
Alpine Ridge and Auke-Jewell Hill officials have not returned numerous calls for comment.
Iberdrola Renewables of Spain built and operates Groton Wind, LLC which produces 48 megawatts of electricity from 24 turbines. Iberdrola officials are also proposing to build a wind farm in Alexandria and Danbury. Another wind farm, Spruce Ridge, is proposed for the towns of Groton, Alexandria, Hebron and Orange by Portuguese company EDP Renewables.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll