Nashua Official: Greeley Park master plan needed
With controversy erupting over whether a fully accessible playground — a gift from Leadership Greater Nashua — should be constructed at Greeley Park, Sheehan said now is an ideal time to create a master plan for Greeley Park, document its history and focus on its needs.
Her two proposals will be introduced to the Board of Aldermen tonight, and will be assigned to a committee for further review and analysis.
“Let us start being transparent and objective about this worthwhile playground,” wrote Murphy.
While most people are in favor of the playground, divisiveness remains on where it should be located. Among the 58 people who have spoken out publicly about the matter, Shea has calculated that 57 percent of them favor Greeley Park and 43 percent are opposed to Greeley Park for the playground’s home.
Sheehan is hopeful that a public hearing can be held on April 23 to allow the organizers of Legacy Playground to present engineering plans for the latest site being proposed at Greeley Park.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
- 'Hour of Code' events get students interested in computer programming - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed - 11
- Police say Londonderry investigation related to Maine home invasion is ongoing - 0
- Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules - 3
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 1
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules