Nashua Official: Greeley Park master plan needed
With controversy erupting over whether a fully accessible playground — a gift from Leadership Greater Nashua — should be constructed at Greeley Park, Sheehan said now is an ideal time to create a master plan for Greeley Park, document its history and focus on its needs.
Her two proposals will be introduced to the Board of Aldermen tonight, and will be assigned to a committee for further review and analysis.
“Let us start being transparent and objective about this worthwhile playground,” wrote Murphy.
While most people are in favor of the playground, divisiveness remains on where it should be located. Among the 58 people who have spoken out publicly about the matter, Shea has calculated that 57 percent of them favor Greeley Park and 43 percent are opposed to Greeley Park for the playground’s home.
Sheehan is hopeful that a public hearing can be held on April 23 to allow the organizers of Legacy Playground to present engineering plans for the latest site being proposed at Greeley Park.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin eyes consolidating city, school offices - 0
- Fines proposed for alleged labor violations at Unity Elementary School construction site - 1
- Group has plans to spruce up downtown Nashua - 0
- More than $5 million in surplus may offset Nashua tax rate - 1
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
- Manchester aldermanic committee supports ordinance banning 'spice' - 1
- Exeter breaks ground on new YMCA project - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Traffic concerns follow Keene park redesign proposals - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too