Nashua Official: Greeley Park master plan needed
With controversy erupting over whether a fully accessible playground — a gift from Leadership Greater Nashua — should be constructed at Greeley Park, Sheehan said now is an ideal time to create a master plan for Greeley Park, document its history and focus on its needs.
Her two proposals will be introduced to the Board of Aldermen tonight, and will be assigned to a committee for further review and analysis.
“Let us start being transparent and objective about this worthwhile playground,” wrote Murphy.
While most people are in favor of the playground, divisiveness remains on where it should be located. Among the 58 people who have spoken out publicly about the matter, Shea has calculated that 57 percent of them favor Greeley Park and 43 percent are opposed to Greeley Park for the playground’s home.
Sheehan is hopeful that a public hearing can be held on April 23 to allow the organizers of Legacy Playground to present engineering plans for the latest site being proposed at Greeley Park.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Efforts continue to make Zach Tompkins Field a reality in Hudson - 0
- Nashua's Carroll sets sights on 2015 mayoral run - 0
- Hudson selectmen chastise consultant over project - 0
- Despite damage to roads, FEMA is not an option in Winchester - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
- Derry councilors discuss putting limits on skyline - 0
- Conservation transaction could be postponed as Londonderry officials debate stewardship - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH