Nashua Official: Greeley Park master plan needed
With controversy erupting over whether a fully accessible playground — a gift from Leadership Greater Nashua — should be constructed at Greeley Park, Sheehan said now is an ideal time to create a master plan for Greeley Park, document its history and focus on its needs.
Her two proposals will be introduced to the Board of Aldermen tonight, and will be assigned to a committee for further review and analysis.
“Let us start being transparent and objective about this worthwhile playground,” wrote Murphy.
While most people are in favor of the playground, divisiveness remains on where it should be located. Among the 58 people who have spoken out publicly about the matter, Shea has calculated that 57 percent of them favor Greeley Park and 43 percent are opposed to Greeley Park for the playground’s home.
Sheehan is hopeful that a public hearing can be held on April 23 to allow the organizers of Legacy Playground to present engineering plans for the latest site being proposed at Greeley Park.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 0
- George Will: In California, Goldwater 2.0 - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Will big business become the left's faithful lapdog? - 2
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 2
- Thomas Sowell: Playing the race card at the border - 2
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 6
- Another View -- Stephen L. Carter: Why is the left going after profit? - 10
- Clifford D. May: Pinpointing the cause and effect in Gaza - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket