Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Newport deliberative session deals with town salary, benefit increases
Town Meeting ballot voting is Tuesday, May 13, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Town Meeting voters are also being asked to approve increases in salaries and benefits for police as part of a collective bargaining agreement reached between the town and the police union for a new three-year contract. The estimated increases are $41,919 for the 2014/2015 fiscal year, $45,675 for the 2015/2016 fiscal year, and $41,506 in the 2016/2017 fiscal year.
Also on the warrant is a request to spend $20,153 from the Police Capital Reserve Fund to update communication antennas on the Town Hall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bruins pleased with start in spite of injuries - 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 3
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 9
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers