Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Newport deliberative session deals with town salary, benefit increases
Town Meeting ballot voting is Tuesday, May 13, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Town Meeting voters are also being asked to approve increases in salaries and benefits for police as part of a collective bargaining agreement reached between the town and the police union for a new three-year contract. The estimated increases are $41,919 for the 2014/2015 fiscal year, $45,675 for the 2015/2016 fiscal year, and $41,506 in the 2016/2017 fiscal year.
Also on the warrant is a request to spend $20,153 from the Police Capital Reserve Fund to update communication antennas on the Town Hall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester brothers arrested after drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon - 3
- Headlight out leads to pot charges for Merrimack teen and her passenger - 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate