Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Newport deliberative session deals with town salary, benefit increases
Town Meeting ballot voting is Tuesday, May 13, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Town Meeting voters are also being asked to approve increases in salaries and benefits for police as part of a collective bargaining agreement reached between the town and the police union for a new three-year contract. The estimated increases are $41,919 for the 2014/2015 fiscal year, $45,675 for the 2015/2016 fiscal year, and $41,506 in the 2016/2017 fiscal year.
Also on the warrant is a request to spend $20,153 from the Police Capital Reserve Fund to update communication antennas on the Town Hall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?