Home » News » Public Safety
New Manchester police officers have experience on their side
Paula O'Meara pins a Manchester police badge on her son, Kevin, Monday while Police Chief David O'Mara looks on. (MARK HAYWARD / UNION LEADER.)
"Not only do we have a shorter training curve, they get out onto the street a lot quicker," Mara said during an induction ceremony. Meanwhile, towns are bemoaning the loss of valued employees.
"They (Manchester) have a good department, they have a newer facility, a great chief and a lot of room for advancement," Velleca said. He also said the city pays more; Bifsha will earn about $10,000 more a year in making the move.
• Kevin D. O'Meara, 36. O'Meara worked as a Carroll County corrections officer from 2004 to 2005. He worked as a police officer in Madison and Ossipee before being hired by Bedford police in 2012. "I always wanted to get back to (the city)," said O'Meara, who grew up in Weymouth, Mass.
• Matthew W. O'Connor, 26. O'Connor graduated from Manchester High School Central and served 11 months in Afghanistan with the Army National Guard. He started with Henniker police in 2007.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride