Home » News » Public Safety
New Manchester police officers have experience on their side
Paula O'Meara pins a Manchester police badge on her son, Kevin, Monday while Police Chief David O'Mara looks on. (MARK HAYWARD / UNION LEADER.)
"Not only do we have a shorter training curve, they get out onto the street a lot quicker," Mara said during an induction ceremony. Meanwhile, towns are bemoaning the loss of valued employees.
"They (Manchester) have a good department, they have a newer facility, a great chief and a lot of room for advancement," Velleca said. He also said the city pays more; Bifsha will earn about $10,000 more a year in making the move.
• Kevin D. O'Meara, 36. O'Meara worked as a Carroll County corrections officer from 2004 to 2005. He worked as a police officer in Madison and Ossipee before being hired by Bedford police in 2012. "I always wanted to get back to (the city)," said O'Meara, who grew up in Weymouth, Mass.
• Matthew W. O'Connor, 26. O'Connor graduated from Manchester High School Central and served 11 months in Afghanistan with the Army National Guard. He started with Henniker police in 2007.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads