Jonah Goldberg: Obama's stand-up routine is laughable
They also seemed to give Obama the impression that he's a really funny guy. On Wednesday, he told a crowd of 1,400 at the University of Michigan that he visited a local deli, Zingerman's. He proceeded to tell a long story about ordering the small Reuben sandwich, which he said was "killer." That description got a good laugh. Then he explained how he thought the sandwich was too big, so he shared it with his advisor, Valerie Jarrett.
"Took the pickle" was a huge laugh line.
Pickle is a funny word, but still; when an audience thinks this is a knee-slapper, you know it's not a rough crowd.
He then turned to Rep. Paul Ryan's budget proposal: "If they tried to sell this sandwich at Zingerman's, they'd have to call it the Stinkburger, or the Meanwich."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lebanon officials work to minimize downtown impact from closed tunnel, lot - 0
- Milford sets sights on federal grant for 127 Elm St. property - 0
- Derry completes 2014 property assessments - 0
- Ex-Derry administrator sentenced, plans appeal - 0
- Aldermen approve new Nashua police contract - 2
- Litchfield school chief out on 3-2 vote - 0
- Hudson pulls down signs clogging public spaces - 0
- Crews making progress on Rockingham Road project in Dover - 0
- Desrochers says he will fight to preserve Franklin’s tax cap - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?