Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
State police clock motorcyclist at 145 mph on Route 101 in Candia
Police say Jakob Bastian, 24, tried to outrun the trooper Wednesday morning on Route 101 reaching a speed of 145 mph as he traveled east on the highway, according to state police.
The incident began just before 8:30 a.m. Wednesday when the state police Special Enforcement Unit was running radar in conjunction with the state police airplane on Route 101 east in Candia.
State police said the aircraft clocked the motorcycle traveling east at 92 mph in the posted 65 mph zone. Troopers tried to stop the motorcycle, but the rider allegedly sped off, eventually using an emergency crossover to change direction.
As the motorcyclist headed west on Route 101, the troopers in the airplane above kept the motorcycle in sight, clocking it as it hit a speed of 145 mph and passed other motorists, according to state police.
Troopers did not pursue the motorcycle since the aircraft was able to track it as it exited the highway at Exit 3 and traveled through Candia on Route 43 and eventually onto Route 107 in Deerfield.
Police said the rider pulled into the private driveway, in an attempt to conceal himself from the troopers. Trooper First Class Charles George, in the airplane, was able to direct troopers on the ground to the motorcycle's location, state police said.
Bastian was arrested without incident. He is free on $2,500 bail with a May 14 arraignment set in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483