Survey authors defend questioning Bedford middle school students about their sex lives
"They were looking at things like persistence in doing homework, or are you curious," Wolf said. "That's what they were notified of at elementary levels."
"When we go into any survey administration, we want to be clear that parental permission is a top priority," Roskopf said. "It is a top priority. Parents should definitely have the option to opt out."
"They should be told 'if you feel uncomfortable you can stop taking the survey,'" Roskopf said.
But some doubt whether an adolescent of 11-13 years of age would readily stand out among members of his or her peer group and decline to continue the survey.
"We may get a question from a superintendent and we talk it over and they work it out with parents to see what they are comfortable with," Roskopf said. "They work it out with parents to see what they are comfortable with."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 64
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 56
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 57
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 11
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 73
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test