For Derry volunteer, community television is an outlet
For volunteer Tom Wood, the television station has helped hone his television production skills while providing an outlet for his creativity. Wood, who has autism and cerebral palsy, has volunteered at the facility since 2003.
“I get to use a lot of my creative skills,” said Wood, who has freelanced for a number of years.
“He’s very productive, and we are really thankful we have him on board,” said Martin.
Town employees and some Pinkerton Academy students also stopped by to check out the studio in the basement of the Derry Municipal Center at 14 Manning St.
Martin also mentioned that the station is offering training classes on video equipment and invited all Derry residents to attend.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.