Student parking at Nashua high schools a concern
Alderman Richard Dowd, Ward 2, is sponsoring the recommended ordinance in an effort to address parking concerns from school administrators.
Although parking permits are required, Dowd said there is still a problem with students parking on school grounds without permits.
Alderman Ken Siegel, Ward 9, said Dowd’s proposal could have unintended consequences as it is currently written. While Siegel said he is sympathetic to the lack of student parking at the schools, he said the proposed ordinance should include more explanation and detail.
The school district is prepared to purchase and install signs for the schools explaining the parking rules, which are only mandated during school hours when school is in session, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads