Home » News » Public Safety
Man ejected in crash between car, tractor-trailer on I-93
Matthew Davis, 25, is in serious, but stable condition at the Elliot Hospital where he was taken Thursday morning for treatment of injuries he sustained.
He was ejected from his 1998 Jeep Wrangler and thrown into a jersey barrier separating the north and south lanes of the highway. State police said Davis told investigators he ran out of gas and was unable to push the Jeep off the road.
Davis was given first aid by Trooper Nathan Johnston and another person before Manchester Fire Department rescue crews arrived on scene.
The crash happened just after 12:30 a.m., north of the exit 6 off ramp.
Wesley Basler, 56, of Richford, Vt. was operating the tractor-trailer that rear-ended Davis' Jeep, according to state police. Basler also was taken by ambulance to the hospital for treatment of injuries he suffered in the collision.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the crash at this time, state police said.
Several lanes of I-93 were shut down for about four hours while the crash was investigated and the wreckage removed.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police dispatch at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 13
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m