Home » News » Public Safety
Man ejected in crash between car, tractor-trailer on I-93
Matthew Davis, 25, is in serious, but stable condition at the Elliot Hospital where he was taken Thursday morning for treatment of injuries he sustained.
He was ejected from his 1998 Jeep Wrangler and thrown into a jersey barrier separating the north and south lanes of the highway. State police said Davis told investigators he ran out of gas and was unable to push the Jeep off the road.
Davis was given first aid by Trooper Nathan Johnston and another person before Manchester Fire Department rescue crews arrived on scene.
The crash happened just after 12:30 a.m., north of the exit 6 off ramp.
Wesley Basler, 56, of Richford, Vt. was operating the tractor-trailer that rear-ended Davis' Jeep, according to state police. Basler also was taken by ambulance to the hospital for treatment of injuries he suffered in the collision.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the crash at this time, state police said.
Several lanes of I-93 were shut down for about four hours while the crash was investigated and the wreckage removed.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police dispatch at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test