Home » News » Public Safety
Man ejected in crash between car, tractor-trailer on I-93
Matthew Davis, 25, is in serious, but stable condition at the Elliot Hospital where he was taken Thursday morning for treatment of injuries he sustained.
He was ejected from his 1998 Jeep Wrangler and thrown into a jersey barrier separating the north and south lanes of the highway. State police said Davis told investigators he ran out of gas and was unable to push the Jeep off the road.
Davis was given first aid by Trooper Nathan Johnston and another person before Manchester Fire Department rescue crews arrived on scene.
The crash happened just after 12:30 a.m., north of the exit 6 off ramp.
Wesley Basler, 56, of Richford, Vt. was operating the tractor-trailer that rear-ended Davis' Jeep, according to state police. Basler also was taken by ambulance to the hospital for treatment of injuries he suffered in the collision.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the crash at this time, state police said.
Several lanes of I-93 were shut down for about four hours while the crash was investigated and the wreckage removed.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police dispatch at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 2
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- American Ambulance Service gets accreditation from industry group - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 1
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 0
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 0
- Manning sets mark for TD passes in Broncos' blowout of Niners - 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- Keselowski keeps Cup Chase hopes alive - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 0
- Clarksville man accidentally shoots himself - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy