Home » News » Public Safety
Man ejected in crash between car, tractor-trailer on I-93
Matthew Davis, 25, is in serious, but stable condition at the Elliot Hospital where he was taken Thursday morning for treatment of injuries he sustained.
He was ejected from his 1998 Jeep Wrangler and thrown into a jersey barrier separating the north and south lanes of the highway. State police said Davis told investigators he ran out of gas and was unable to push the Jeep off the road.
Davis was given first aid by Trooper Nathan Johnston and another person before Manchester Fire Department rescue crews arrived on scene.
The crash happened just after 12:30 a.m., north of the exit 6 off ramp.
Wesley Basler, 56, of Richford, Vt. was operating the tractor-trailer that rear-ended Davis' Jeep, according to state police. Basler also was taken by ambulance to the hospital for treatment of injuries he suffered in the collision.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the crash at this time, state police said.
Several lanes of I-93 were shut down for about four hours while the crash was investigated and the wreckage removed.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police dispatch at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem