Job fair in Laconia attracts veterans and 39 employers
The task was to assist Guardsmen, Reservists and veterans find employment with companies catering to military members.
One such attendee was Sgt. Padriac Weller, a member of Bravo Company, 1st Battalion 25th Marines, USMC Reserves headquartered in Londonderry.
Weller deployed in 2011 to Delaran, Afghanistan.
The challenges of serving in the Reserves, managing a civilian career and fulfilling family commitments are demanding in the best of circumstances but if deployment is in the mix, they becomes almost overwhelming.
This can be a huge readiness issue for commanders who must prepare the soldiers, Marines, sailors and airman to execute domestic and war-fighting missions at home and abroad.
New Hampshire Employment Security will host 25 job fairs across the state this year alone.
While the job fairs are open to anybody, veterans and currently serving members of the Reserve Components will receive special attention from the NHESGR representative and many of the companies participating.
Their mission is to assist RC service members and families with employment issues in general, but specifically to help those who are either unemployed or under-employed find solid, viable and long-term jobs.
His 22-year career in the USMC combined with his years of experience working as a Veteran Employer Outreach Representative at NHES, make him an invaluable asset linking servicemen and women to military-friendly organizations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Creating a place of honor for servicemen lost of sea - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Help sought to place cemetery wreaths - 0
- Mason man pens book on veterans - 0
- Non-profit receives grant to get veterans on the move - 0
- Housing vouchers are available for veterans - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize veteran - 0
- Students, veterans will be recognized for making state tree decorations - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Sweeney Post events - 0
- Commentary- Mary Tamposi: Let's bring an end to homelessness among veterans - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads