Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Patriot Hernandez's associates indicted on murder charges
The Bristol County (Mass.) District Attorney’s office announced Friday that a Massachusetts grand jury returned single-count indictments for Carlos Ortiz, 28, and Ernest Wallace, 42, two Bristol, Conn., men who prosecutors named as Hernandez’s accomplices the night of Odin Lloyd’s death in 2013.
Last month, defense attorneys for Hernandez asked the court to order the prosecution to disclose whether it plans to name their client as the triggerman at trial, and questioned the lesser charges for Ortiz and Wallace. Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh refused that request, and said that in order to find a defendant guilty of murder, the jury is not required to determine that he pulled the trigger.
Arraignments for Ortiz and Wallace, who both are being held in Massachusetts, have not been scheduled.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 0
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 16
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
- Two Manchester brothers indicted in Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 2
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483