Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Boston man convicted of attempted murder for 2013 shooting in Manchester
Richard Scott, 34, of Boston's Dorchester section, was found guilty in the July 2013, shooting of Terrance Jackson in his Orange Street apartment.
Scott faces a sentence of up to life in prison when he is sentenced on May 22.
Jackson suffered a gunshot wound to the face at about 6 a.m. last July 26. His jaw was broken in the attack.
According to police reports, Jackson told detectives that he had been introduced to Scott, whom he knew as "Jay," by a mutual friend and had known him for about a year.
Jackson also told investigators that a woman was in the apartment when Scott arrived on the day of the shooting but left by jumping out a bathroom window.Papers filed in court said Jackson told police that Scott pulled a gun from the waistband of his trousers and aimed it at him.
Before testimony in the case began, the defense and prosecution stipulated that the verdict on the attempted murder charge would also be the verdict in a companion charge of being a convicted felon in possession of a gun. Brett Harpster, who prosecuted the case along with Karen Gorham for the County Attorney's office, said prosecutors filed a "notice of extended term" that would enhance the penalties on the gun possession charge, to a state prison term of up to 30 years, which could be imposed as either a consecutive term or one that would be served concurrently with the attempted murder conviction.Judge Kenneth Brown revoked Scott's bail and he was jailed pending the sentencing hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483