Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Accused Manchester bank robber captured in Mass.
Police said Andrew Dufresne, 42, of 259 Cedar St., is the man who entered People's United Bank, 1750 Elm St., shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday and handed a teller a note demanding cash. He held a hand in his pocket as if he had a gun, but no weapon was seen and he left on foot with an undisclosed sum.
An investigation pointed to Dufresne as the robber and police obtained a warrant for his arrest Friday, but when they attempted to stop his vehicle near his Cedar Street residence he escaped.
Dufresne was later spotted in Lawrence, Mass., where he previously lived and police there captured him after he was involved in a single-vehicle crash as he attempted to flee police.
Dufresne is expected to face charges in Lawrence as well as Manchester.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 3
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 38
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917