Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Four arrested in Troy torching of tow truck to allegedly collect on insurance
Friday, at approximately 8 a.m., members of N.H. State Police Troop C and Troop G, the Cheshire County Sheriff’s Department, and the Troy Police Department arrested several current and former employees of J&J Auto Body for arson, conspiracy to commit arson, insurance fraud, and accomplice to insurance fraud.
Arrested was the owner of J&J Auto Body Jay Coppo, 49, of Troy, his sister and a partner in the business, Jodi Coppo Champney, 44, of Winchester, one current employee, Christopher Pratt, 32, of Gilsum, and a former employee Craig Fields, 31, Swanzey.
“The arrests were the culmination of an extensive investigation involving a commercial wrecker that was intentionally burned at J&J’s Auto Body back in January 2012, for the purpose of collecting the insurance money,” State Police said in a press release Friday.
All were released on $25,000 personal recognizance bail and were given a June 4 arraignment date in the 8th Circuit Court District Division in Keene.
Trooper Jeffrey Ardini of Troop C said Friday that the vehicle involved was a 1987 Peterbilt 10-wheel heavy-duty tow truck often referred to as commercial wrecker and that are used to tow large vehicles.
The investigation into the case is open and ongoing, Ardini said, and the arrest affidavits have been sealed at the district court.
Anyone who has information related to incident is encouraged to call Troop C, he said, at 603-223-8494.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483