Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester
“We have brothers and sisters who are very skilled and are able to give their tie and resources to get it done,” said Doris Ammann of Manchester, one of the local members helping the construction effort.
Work began at the new location this past week with site preparation work. Heavy equipment was used to remove debris, dig the foundation and set utility trenches on the site. Some volunteers who own construction companies pulled heavy equipment off their commercial jobs and trucked it to Manchester.
Volunteers commit for days at a time. Some stay in campers they drive to the community where a new hall is being built; others stay with host families in the community.
Representatives promised that the new structure would be used only for religious-oriented activities — worship, bible study, and occasional funerals and weddings.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's Holy Family Academy named School of Excellence - 0
- Weare teen to compete in Bible bee - 0
- More churches reporting scam - 0
- Bishop of Rochester, N.Y., will be homilist for annual Red Mass - 0
- Religion Briefs: Divorce and separation support group meets in Goffstown - 0
- Annual dedication of Starr Memorial Garden scheduled - 0
- Bethany Covenant Church in Bedford celebrates 125 years, looks toward future - 0
- Season of Epsom Bible Church AWANA Clubs to begin - 0
- St. Michael's church in Exeter to offer financial course - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too