Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester
“We have brothers and sisters who are very skilled and are able to give their tie and resources to get it done,” said Doris Ammann of Manchester, one of the local members helping the construction effort.
Work began at the new location this past week with site preparation work. Heavy equipment was used to remove debris, dig the foundation and set utility trenches on the site. Some volunteers who own construction companies pulled heavy equipment off their commercial jobs and trucked it to Manchester.
Volunteers commit for days at a time. Some stay in campers they drive to the community where a new hall is being built; others stay with host families in the community.
Representatives promised that the new structure would be used only for religious-oriented activities — worship, bible study, and occasional funerals and weddings.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings