Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Keene activist charged with attempting to obtain multiple IDs
Ian Freeman, formerly Ian Bernard, was arrested and taken into custody Friday by New Hampshire State Police on misdemeanor charges of unsworn falsification and prohibition.
"It seems awfully petty," Freeman said.
The founder of the website freekeene.com, Freeman writes a blog for the site and also hosts a radio program. He is a prominent figure in Keene's liberty activists.
The complaints filed by the state do not say he held different identifications at the same time. The state said Freeman did apply for his driver's license and a non-driver ID knowingly using a false name.
He said the local DMV was aware he already had a license and denied his application. Out of "curiosity," he applied for the same ID in Nashua because he wanted to see if DMV workers that did not already know him would also deny his request.
Freeman, 33, was released on $1,000 personal recognizance bail. He is scheduled for arraignment May 14 in the 8th Circuit Court, Keene District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 5
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0 ERROR: Couldn't open file \\sxatl.loc\sx1\SX1\Web\UL\templates\objects\NewsItem1.pbo
Error message returned was: Error retrieving file. Cache Status is Unknown!
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917