Home » News » Public Safety
Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 3:35 p.m. after receiving a report of a fire with potential injuries at 204 Northeast Pond Rd. Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester were called due to the potential severity of the incident, according to firefighters.
After arriving at the home at 3:42 p.m., firefighters found two people who suffered burns from a grease fire due to cooking in the residence.
While the fire was extinguished, one person, who sustained serious injuries, was taken to Milton Elementary School and was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass. by the Dartmouth Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART).
Farmington firefighters responded to help establish the landing zone.
The second person was taken to Frisbie Hospital, but was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital as well.
Firefighters would not release the identities or further conditions of the two people.
Members of the N.H. Fire Marshal's Office were notified and will be assisting with the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 2
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice