action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:0
All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left. | Register | Sign In

Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home


MILTON – A grease fire caused serious burns to two people, including one who was airlifted, at a home along Northeast Pond Road Saturday afternoon.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 3:35 p.m. after receiving a report of a fire with potential injuries at 204 Northeast Pond Rd. Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester were called due to the potential severity of the incident, according to firefighters.

After arriving at the home at 3:42 p.m., firefighters found two people who suffered burns from a grease fire due to cooking in the residence.

While the fire was extinguished, one person, who sustained serious injuries, was taken to Milton Elementary School and was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass. by the Dartmouth Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART).

Farmington firefighters responded to help establish the landing zone.

The second person was taken to Frisbie Hospital, but was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital as well.

Firefighters would not release the identities or further conditions of the two people.

Members of the N.H. Fire Marshal's Office were notified and will be assisting with the investigation.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety