action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

April 12. 2014 6:50PM

Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home

MILTON – A grease fire caused serious burns to two people, including one who was airlifted, at a home along Northeast Pond Road Saturday afternoon.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 3:35 p.m. after receiving a report of a fire with potential injuries at 204 Northeast Pond Rd. Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester were called due to the potential severity of the incident, according to firefighters.

After arriving at the home at 3:42 p.m., firefighters found two people who suffered burns from a grease fire due to cooking in the residence.

While the fire was extinguished, one person, who sustained serious injuries, was taken to Milton Elementary School and was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass. by the Dartmouth Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART).

Farmington firefighters responded to help establish the landing zone.

The second person was taken to Frisbie Hospital, but was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital as well.

Firefighters would not release the identities or further conditions of the two people.

Members of the N.H. Fire Marshal's Office were notified and will be assisting with the investigation.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events