Home » News » Public Safety
Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 3:35 p.m. after receiving a report of a fire with potential injuries at 204 Northeast Pond Rd. Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester were called due to the potential severity of the incident, according to firefighters.
After arriving at the home at 3:42 p.m., firefighters found two people who suffered burns from a grease fire due to cooking in the residence.
While the fire was extinguished, one person, who sustained serious injuries, was taken to Milton Elementary School and was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass. by the Dartmouth Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART).
Farmington firefighters responded to help establish the landing zone.
The second person was taken to Frisbie Hospital, but was later transported to Massachusetts General Hospital as well.
Firefighters would not release the identities or further conditions of the two people.
Members of the N.H. Fire Marshal's Office were notified and will be assisting with the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Parking lot for new Hudson football field due to be paved - 0
- ACLU files federal suit to stop NH's 'ballot selfie' publishing law - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 2
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 2
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters