Home » News » Public Safety
Boy, 14, injured in 20-foot fall in Allenstown
Deputy Fire Chief Paul St. Germain said emergency officials responded to 13 Allenstown Road at 7:25 a.m. Saturday and treated the injured boy before he was taken to Boston.
The boy and three of his friends were on the property without permission, said St. Germain, who explained the accident happened at the base of the quarry in an area with loose granite and other rock.
Authorities did not identify the boys.
"This appears to be an unfortunate accident," he said. "What we do know is the boys shouldn't have been there, but they were apparently playing when he fell and was seriously injured."
St. Germain said police are investigating the incident.
— Ryan O'Connor, Union Leader correspondent
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads