Home » News » Public Safety
No injuries reported in Nashua townhouse fire
Firefighters battle flames that climbed up the roof of a townhouse at at 74 Cherry Hollow Road in Nashua on Saturday afternoon. (Tracy McGee Photo)
Flames could be seen coming from the roof of the multi-story building at 74 Cherry Hollow Road. Residents fled to the street as fire crews arrived.
The fire began about noon.
Firefighters broke out a front window and used a chainsaw to cut a hole in the roof to ventilate the building.
Peter Beisler of 76 Cherry Hollow Road "was at the clubhouse when I heard about the fire." He went to the fire scene and saw firefighters rescue one of his pet poodles.
Sky Meadow Estates, which has townhouse style condominiums, is in south Nashua, near the Massachusetts border. The townhouses are at the end of a cul de sac.
Fire crews were dispatched at 12:18 p.m., and the fire was declared under control at 1:35 p.m., fire officials said.
A total of six engines and two ladder trucks responded.
Damage estimates were not available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 0
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 1
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose