action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

April 13. 2014 10:52PM

Fire destroys Hanover home

HANOVER — A fire destroyed a home on Greensboro Road Sunday afternoon, displacing a brother and sister who lived there.“The building was a complete loss,” Hanover Fire Captain Michael Hinsley said.

No firefighters or civilians were harmed in the fire, he said.

Firefighters responded to the first alarm fire at 10 Greensboro Road at 12:23 p.m. for a report of heavy fire throughout the second floor. When firefighters arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the second floor and fire was burning through the roof and through the rear of the building.

Firefighters had the majority of the fire out by 12:42 p.m. However, due to “the extensive loading of the building” the fire wasn’t called completely out until 3:05 p.m.

“The amount of material in the house limited our ability to get into the house,” Hinsley said.The residential single-family home was occupied by Julie Dougal on the first floor and her brother, Ross Dougal, on the second floor.

Ross Dougal told firefighters there was an electrical glitch on the second floor just before the fire.

“Ross reported that a light went out, he replaced a fuse then he noticed smoke coming through the wall and ceiling. The house filled up with smoke and then fire,” Hinsley said. “We believe it’s electrical in nature, but are unable to find the actual source of the fire because of the instability of the structure and the extent of the fire damage.”

mpierce@newstote.com


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

   ╗ ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

   ╗ SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events