Home » News » Public Safety
Spring a busy time on the Londonderry Rail Trail
Over the past several weekends groups of volunteers were hard at working clearing brush from the walkway and this past Saturday they posted a new sign at the trailhead, located in the North Elementary School parking lot off Sanborn Road.
An early snowfall followed by a harsh winter put a temporary halt on much of the trail’s usage shortly after the first mile was opened, Trailways president Bob Saur said.
Trail usage will also be celebrated on Saturday, May 3, when Trailways hosts a public celebration for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages. The festivities will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the school parking lot and will include food and live music.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Amazing, grace, now please stop - 0
- Cheryl Kimball's Nature Talks: Waiting for the leaves and the color green to return - 0
- Students, volunteers keep salmon stocking effort afloat - 1
- Brush fire damages small shed in Auburn - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Effingham society program on 'Big Trees of NH' - 0
- Efforts by sailor's family to bring remains home from Pearl Harbor pay off - 1
- Good weather helping effort to clear Mount Washington Auto Road - 0
- Death Cab for Cutie schedules road trip to Manchester - 0
- Brad Paisley's 'Perfect Storm' to roll into Lakes Region - 0
Amazing, grace, now please stop