New Belmont principal excited to move to NH
Now, she will be getting her wish to live and work in the Granite State as the new principal of Belmont Elementary School.
The school system was also a big draw, she said.
“The Belmont area is so welcoming,” said Arnold, who is 53. “I kept thinking as I was interviewing, 'I really want to be in this place.'”
Superintendent Maria Dreyer said Arnold was chosen from a list of several candidates because she interviewed well and made it clear she wanted the job, and because she is so qualified.
She's been an educator for 20 years, and she loves working with elementary students.
Dreyer said the committee searching for a new principal had 36 candidates at first. They narrowed it down to two candidates, and Arnold was chosen.
“She's a very good match for us,” Dreyer said. “It was obvious to us that Sheila would be a great addition; she brings a lot to us.”
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 18
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer