Home » News » Public Safety
Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs
Residents will have at least two opportunities to stop by free drug turn-in points, at Rochester Police Department at 23 Wakefield St. or the Dover Police Department at 46 Locust St., April 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This is the seventh time Dover police will be hosting the turn-in, which has previously resulted in the collection and disposal of more than 1,000 pounds of prescription drugs in the area.
Neither needles nor sharps will be accepted at the collection points.
According to a release from Dover Coalition for Youth Coordinator Vicki Herbert, “70 percent of teens who abuse prescription drugs obtained the medicine from family or friends, including from the home medicine cabinet.
In addition to the potential danger of accidental poisonings and overdoses due to these drugs, the DEA advises against flushing unused medicine or throwing pills in the trash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
- Conn. pair injured in ATV rollover in Henniker - 0
- Boy injured on bicycle, hit by pickup in Keene - 0
- Manchester driver dead in crash on I-293 - 0
- Fire destroys historic downtown Berlin building - 0
- Three-alarm fire destroys garage in Nottingham - 0
- Manchester man killed on I-293 apparently unconscious before crash - 0
- Fire destroys another historic Berlin building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket workers rally, urged to 'shut it down' until ousted CEO returns - 0
- Man arrested after shots allegedly fired in Mont Vernon - 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 0
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 7
- On Baseball: NH's Anderson glad to be back - 0
- Republican congressional candidate Lambert says he'd serve only 3 terms - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The grandson also rises - 1
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 4
DWI License Revocations
Market Basket shelves growing bare
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility