Pat Buchanan: What would Reagan do with Russia, Syria, etc.?
Reagan saw clearly the crucial moral dimension of the ideological struggle between communism and freedom. He called the Soviet Bloc “an evil empire.” Yet he never threatened military intervention in Eastern Europe, as some bellicose Republicans do today. Reagan would not be rattling sabers over Crimea or Ukraine.
Ronald Reagan believed in the measured response.
Patrick J. Buchanan is the author of “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham considering a law enforcement firing range - 0
- Tax exemptions on solar panels considered in Manchester - 3
- Epping proposes ordinance to restrict marijuana dispensaries - 1
- Plan for sprucing up vacant Derry downtown buildings proposed - 0
- Derry School officals hope to finalize proposed budget at meeting tonight - 0
- Plaistow officials talk trash with town's hauler - 0
- Plaistow officials seek more information regarding commuter rail facility - 0
- Major Derry water and sewer project almost completed - 0
- Lebanon gets 2 assistant DPW directors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 0
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 0
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Boys' Basketball Preview: Memorial, Central look to be in the mix again - 0
- Innovations abound at UNH event - 0
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Monarchs head to Portland Wednesday - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Pembroke girls rally to win - 0
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value
Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Police arrest pair after bullets fly