Pat Buchanan: What would Reagan do with Russia, Syria, etc.?
Reagan saw clearly the crucial moral dimension of the ideological struggle between communism and freedom. He called the Soviet Bloc “an evil empire.” Yet he never threatened military intervention in Eastern Europe, as some bellicose Republicans do today. Reagan would not be rattling sabers over Crimea or Ukraine.
Ronald Reagan believed in the measured response.
Patrick J. Buchanan is the author of “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin eyes consolidating city, school offices - 0
- Fines proposed for alleged labor violations at Unity Elementary School construction site - 1
- Group has plans to spruce up downtown Nashua - 0
- More than $5 million in surplus may offset Nashua tax rate - 1
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
- Manchester aldermanic committee supports ordinance banning 'spice' - 1
- Exeter breaks ground on new YMCA project - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Traffic concerns follow Keene park redesign proposals - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'