Home » News » Politics » State Government
Accidental early announcement for Executive Council
Since he retired in 2007 from his position as district manager for New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine, Adams, who is 64, said he has been active on the board of the state Veterans Council.
"I'm very very concerned with the direction this state and country are headed," he said.
He said the liberals are giving everything to everybody, without figuring out how to pay for it.
As for his wife, Sandra's view on his coming out of retirement.
Adams is president of the Granite State Taxpayers, founded by the late Gov. Meldrim Thomson and former State Sen. George Lovejoy. He is an advocate of the group's philosophy, low spending means low taxes.
"People could buy coverage for what fits their family. One size of health insurance doesn't fit all, he said. "It doesn't fit anyone."
"That's unacceptable," said Adams.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Nashua asks judge to hold secretary of state in contempt over how ballot was printed - 0
- State agency budget requests top $12 billion for next two years - 2
- Lawmakers honored for environmental work - 0
- Senate president says $70 million is the number for state budget cuts - 0
- Group continues its fight to stop development at Sunapee's West Bowl - 0
- Commission to study state's juvenile justice system - 0
- Shortfall in tax revenues leads governor to direct departments to cut spending - 10
- Executive Council approves removal of Exit 12 Merrimack tollbooths - 0
- Executive Council approves three judges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 2
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 14
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 1
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Monitoring social media - 1
- Apple opens in Manchester - 0
- NHIAA football: Bedford hangs on, outlasts Concord - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Monitoring social media
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it