Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home
Shawn Russell, 30, of Methuen, Mass., at left, was arrested on Thursday. Police obtained an arrest warrant for Michael Meucci, 31, of Salem. (COURTESY)
Shawn Russell, 30, was taken into custody at a Market Basket parking lot on Thursday in Methuen, Mass., leading police to recover $40,000 in cash and 42 grams of heroin, police said.
Officers were called to a burglary in progress at 24 Main St. on Monday shortly before 6 p.m. Witnesses told police that three people were seen committing the burglary and leaving the house in a dark-colored Kia. Another witness said the KIA crashed into a parked vehicle in an adjacent driveway to the Main Street home and sped away just before police arrived.
The investigation is now focused on apprehending one of Russell’s alleged partners in the break-in and identifying who else participated in the heist.
“We believe others may have been involved in the planning,” Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said. “It could be up to four people.”
“We want to get the word out to people about him,” Patten said.
Detectives were able to track down Russell on Thursday by following a person believed to be an associate as he drove to the Market Basket parking lot on Haverhill Street in Methuen, Mass.
Patten said he could not speculate about why the homeowner had a large amount of cash at his home.
Russell is being held in a Massachusetts jail and faces charges of burglary, theft by unauthorized taking and conduct after an accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 8
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483