Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home
Shawn Russell, 30, of Methuen, Mass., at left, was arrested on Thursday. Police obtained an arrest warrant for Michael Meucci, 31, of Salem. (COURTESY)
Shawn Russell, 30, was taken into custody at a Market Basket parking lot on Thursday in Methuen, Mass., leading police to recover $40,000 in cash and 42 grams of heroin, police said.
Officers were called to a burglary in progress at 24 Main St. on Monday shortly before 6 p.m. Witnesses told police that three people were seen committing the burglary and leaving the house in a dark-colored Kia. Another witness said the KIA crashed into a parked vehicle in an adjacent driveway to the Main Street home and sped away just before police arrived.
The investigation is now focused on apprehending one of Russell’s alleged partners in the break-in and identifying who else participated in the heist.
“We believe others may have been involved in the planning,” Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said. “It could be up to four people.”
“We want to get the word out to people about him,” Patten said.
Detectives were able to track down Russell on Thursday by following a person believed to be an associate as he drove to the Market Basket parking lot on Haverhill Street in Methuen, Mass.
Patten said he could not speculate about why the homeowner had a large amount of cash at his home.
Russell is being held in a Massachusetts jail and faces charges of burglary, theft by unauthorized taking and conduct after an accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 1
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 7
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 1
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 3
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 3
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483