Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member
Jeffrey Gray, formerly of Salem, lost his bid to upend his 2012 conviction on aggravated felonious sexual assault. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
The woman agreed to move in with Gray as his roommate at a rented Windham home in March 2011.
Wageling also said that Gray also failed to produce any evidence supporting his claim that the woman was lying about having sex with another, unidentified man.
Gray represented himself through the months of hearings seeking a new trial. He argued that the 34-year-old victim in the case had committed perjury during her trial testimony.
Wageling disagreed with that assessment and concluded that the results of the DNA test were consistent with the woman's testimony. The lab results conclude the only DNA found on the woman belonged to Gray "to a reasonable degree of scientific certainty, and excluding an identical twin."
A Windham police detective who testified at Gray's trial said the DNA sample was obtained through a rape kit conducted at a local hospital, but was never processed by the state lab.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 1
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 2
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917