Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member
Jeffrey Gray, formerly of Salem, lost his bid to upend his 2012 conviction on aggravated felonious sexual assault. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
The woman agreed to move in with Gray as his roommate at a rented Windham home in March 2011.
Wageling also said that Gray also failed to produce any evidence supporting his claim that the woman was lying about having sex with another, unidentified man.
Gray represented himself through the months of hearings seeking a new trial. He argued that the 34-year-old victim in the case had committed perjury during her trial testimony.
Wageling disagreed with that assessment and concluded that the results of the DNA test were consistent with the woman's testimony. The lab results conclude the only DNA found on the woman belonged to Gray "to a reasonable degree of scientific certainty, and excluding an identical twin."
A Windham police detective who testified at Gray's trial said the DNA sample was obtained through a rape kit conducted at a local hospital, but was never processed by the state lab.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917