Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member
Jeffrey Gray, formerly of Salem, lost his bid to upend his 2012 conviction on aggravated felonious sexual assault. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
The woman agreed to move in with Gray as his roommate at a rented Windham home in March 2011.
Wageling also said that Gray also failed to produce any evidence supporting his claim that the woman was lying about having sex with another, unidentified man.
Gray represented himself through the months of hearings seeking a new trial. He argued that the 34-year-old victim in the case had committed perjury during her trial testimony.
Wageling disagreed with that assessment and concluded that the results of the DNA test were consistent with the woman's testimony. The lab results conclude the only DNA found on the woman belonged to Gray "to a reasonable degree of scientific certainty, and excluding an identical twin."
A Windham police detective who testified at Gray's trial said the DNA sample was obtained through a rape kit conducted at a local hospital, but was never processed by the state lab.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917