Derry councilors vote to expand revitalization zone
The council voted 6-0 Tuesday night to apply to the New Hampshire Division of Economic Development, Economic Revitalization Zone (ERZ) Tax Credits program to expand an existing revitalization zone.
"This is just another tool that allows someone to get a tax credit for a number of years to encourage economic development," Sioras said.
He said there wouldn't be any loss of tax revenues to the town; Derry will still be able to collect taxes in the zone based on the assessed valuation of property.
A Realtor who is listing a property on A Street recently requested that the zone be expanded, Sioras said.
Local officials have already met with representatives from DRED, who encouraged the town to apply to expand the ERZ zone, Sioras said.
READER COMMENTS: 16
- Drew Cline: A kinder, gentler Bill O'Brien emerges to lead the House - 3
- Drew Cline: The GOP left its big NH star to fend for herself - 14
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 10
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 26
- Drew Cline: In New Hampshire, 'hope and change' has become 'duck and run' - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads