‘Idol’ talk in NH as Mont Vernon's Alex Preston in final 6
Fans of the televised music competition — including many from New Hampshire — have taken a sincere liking to the talented songwriter Alex Preston Philbrick, who is known simply as Alex Preston on the 13th season of Fox’s “American Idol.”
On Wednesday, Preston took the stage and performed his own version of “A Team” by Ed Sheeran. All of the celebrity judges praised his work, with Jennifer Lopez having to wait patiently for the crowd to end its applause before offering words of encouragement.
Her sentiments were echoed by Harry Connick Jr., who said Preston’s performance was the best of the night. However, Connick changed his mind after competitor Jena Irene took on “Creep.”
Country contestant Dexter Roberts said goodbye on Thursday. In addition to Preston, the remaining contestants include Irene, C.J. Harris, Sam Woolf, Jessica Meuse and Caleb Johnson.
“Our music kids here are really an invested group, and I know this means a lot to them,” said Scully, stressing Preston is not only a Souhegan graduate, but really a product of the entire SAU 39. “We just happened to have Alex last, but we couldn’t be more proud of him.”
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.